This is dedicated to two pioneers in this field Charles Davies Sherborn 1861-1942 and Charles Wallace Richmond 1868-1932.
An occasional publication reporting on investigations into the bibliography of zoology, chiefly relating to dates of publication (especially of works issued in parts), problems of authorship, examples of cancellantia, and other bibliographical features that might have a bearing on nomenclatural problems. Since publication will be only online, most papers can be published very rapidly. Full illustration, with colour where appropriate, is preferred. Authors pay no page charges and receive a PDF/A with freedom to place this on one or more websites and to circulate this.
Publishing is arranged article by article. Volume 3 initiated the new method of publishing article by article; it offered free downloads, and immediate Open Access, and access is article (issue) by article.
All downloads are free. Volumes will be considered complete when or soon after the page count reaches 160 pages(except when a volume is made up of a series of related articles). Occasionally Supplements may be produced.
Guidelines to authors are provided HERE.
- Kraig Adler, USA [Herpetology]
- Patrice Bouchard, Canada [Entomology]
- Roger Bour, France [Herpetology]
- Les Christidis, Australia [Ornithology]
- Alfred Gardner, USA [Mammalogy]
- Maurice Kottelat, Switzerland [Ichthyology]
- Andrea Kourgli, Austria [Zoology Librarian]
- Christopher Lyal, United Kingdom [Entomology]
- Svetlana Nikolaeva, United Kingdom [Paleontology]
- Constance Rinaldo, USA [Zoology Librarian]
- Ray Williams, United Kingdom [Parasitology; Cnidaria]
- Edward Dickinson, UK [Editor]
Further appointments may be made to represent other disciplines in zoology.
Free downloads of issues making up Volumes 1 and 2
Subsequent volumes (issued article by article) all currently free to download):
Vol. 3 Cover
Bousquet, Y. – Book catalogues issued for the Leipzig trade fairs and the dating of taxonomic works. Pp. 93-126.
Vol. 5, No. 6:
Williams, R.B. Correction of the spurious 1868 publication date of Thomas Hinck`s A History of the British Hydroid Zoophytes to 1869, with a list of included new taxa and nomenclatural combinations, and a bibliographical description. Pp. 3-27.
Vol. 6, No. 3 (2018: date to be advised: title provisional)
Lee, M. & M.D Bruce – Three additional birds. In prep.